Sunday, April 8, 2012

SURPRISE!!

This might be a long post...

Our journey to where we are at today is nothing short of a miracle. Many of you know that Adam and I were pregnant in the fall and we lost our sweet little one at 9 weeks and 4 days to a missed miscarriage. We were surprised and saddened when we found ourselves struggling to get pregnant again right away. The doctor gave us the all clear and a 3 month time frame and needless to say it did not happen. Adam and I were devastated and confused, we went back to the doctor and she was certain that endometriosis could be a contributing factor to why we were not able to conceive after several months of trying. She recommended a laparoscopy and Adam and I prayed about what we were supposed to do. The idea of having another surgery 6 months after the D&C we had in September was a little daunting. We prayed and discussed it with each other and in February went ahead and scheduled the laparoscopy for Tuesday, March 27th. The surgery was scheduled and I was mentally trying to prepare. The anxiety about what the doctor would find was almost overwhelming.

THEN, my sister came to visit my on the weekend of March 9th to pick up her gorgeous wedding dress (which she bought down here in Lexington with me). That Saturday, Adam was doing tornado relief in East Bernstadt, Kentucky while sissy and I went all over town picking up her dress and looking at items for the new home she is going to have! After lunch we stopped at Target to get laundry detergent and I told Karen that I wanted to pick up a pregnancy test because I was suppose to get my period that day and it hadn't shown up. Karen was super sweet about it, and we made our purchases and left.

Fast forward to when we went to David's Bridal to order my bridesmaid's dress. Karen and I were sitting in the car outside of D.B.s and I told her that I might as well check and make sure that I wasn't pregnant before I ordered my dress. I had to go to the bathroom, so I shoved the pregnancy test in my purse and marched straight to the bathroom inside the store. I made Karen wait right outside of the door because I needed moral support for when I got the dreaded "NOT PREGNANT" result and she happily agreed to be the overly supportive sister. Any who, I took the test and set it on the sink and I looked and HOLY CRAP it was a plus sign!!! I flung the door open and showed Karen and we screamed and cried and jumped in circles in the bathroom of David's Bridal.

Yes, I found I was pregnant in the bathroom of David's Bridal. Classy, I know.

We were too giddy to focus so we promptly left the store and went to Target to buy a digital test with the fancy words that say 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'. Then we went home and I took the digital test. Sure enough, I was pregnant!! Yay!

Then, Sissy and I went to Bella Notte to have dinner and celebrate our big day. I mean a wedding dress and a baby. Could life get any better? Well it could. The guy two tables down proposed to his girlfriend. SIGH. Best. Day. Ever. Karen and I topped off our big day by 1) Telling Adam I was pregnant 2) Buying Snickers ice cream bars and 3) Watching Father of the Bride I and II and bawling our eyes out.

Everyone needs to have a day like I did with my sister. I truly will never forget it as long as I live! :)

Pictures!!!

Preggo!!!

It's for real (Pinch, Pinch, Pinch) hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment